From: Christopher Sexton ARA/SED <email@example.com>
Hi Ben –
Our company is doing some hiring right now, specifically in the group that I work in. If you’ve got any bright students looking for full time jobs after graduation, I’d love to talk to them.
Specifically, I’m involved with the hiring for 3 postings: SED-2012-101, SED-2012-112 and SED-2012-113.
Here’s a short blurb – we’re hiring at a few different levels (junior entry to more experienced).
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), a national leader in scientific and engineering research and development, is seeking a staff software developer to join our Decision Systems Group in Raleigh, NC. The selected candidate will develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software under direction from senior developers/engineers. Our development approach fosters communication and collaboration across multiple scientific disciplines, and provides all members of our teams opportunities to contribute creatively to our projects. The successful applicant must have skills in analysis and design of software components in an object-oriented environment. This position supports ARA’s growing work in application development for national vulnerability and event analysis.
- Understanding of the application development life cycle
- Proficient with C++, Java, and object-oriented analysis & design (OOAD)
- Possession of an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience working in a Scrum and/or XP software development environment
- Experience developing Qt and/or MFC GUIs
- Experience using modern software configuration management tools (e.g., Rational ClearCase, SVN, Git)
- Experience using OpenSceneGraph and/or OpenGL
- Experience with GIS Toolkits
- Experience using XML SDKs
- Experience in physics-based modeling, simulation, or distributed component technologies
http://intranet.ara.com/tools/docs/Logocircle.jpg" width="55" />
Chris G Sexton
Staff Software Developer
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
office: 919.582.3300, direct: 919.582.3318